Tuesday 24 February 2009

Anatomy matters...

It must look like I'm failing to do justice to the blogosphere already, several days gone and no new post!

In fact, I've been heading (possibly stupidly) in the opposite direction by starting another new blog with this one only just on to its second page.

I have my reasons however. One of my hopes, as I'm sure I've mentioned before, was that this blog might actually help me remember all the things I learn and discover by forcing me to write them down in a coherent fashion. So far it seems to be working, but there's a huge hole in the anatomy and physiology department - an obviously necessary subject in any attempt at understanding herbal medicine.

Bunging conventional concepts of anatomy and physiology in here just doesn't seem to work for me. It jars somehow and I wouldn't be able to keep an even pace.

Consequently I've decided to start a sister blog which contains those aspects of my studies:

There's not much in it yet (I'm quickly trying to cover all the absolute basics before moving on to stuff that's actually new to me) and I'm sure there will be overlaps with this blog, but I think that's a good thing. I'm hoping for a really dynamic relationship between the two blogs, balanced with a separation that makes the two subject areas more manageable.

Finally, I'm hoping the already installed tag cloud will make the blog a handy little revision database for myself and all those hard working souls who have been ploughing their way through the Discovering Herbal Medicine course. You'll have to let me know what you think...

No comments: